What's New at CJATC
Apprentices can access the Out-of-Work lists.
Applicants can access the Rank Lists, Zone Selection, and ReInterview Request. Create a unique username and password. The previous username and password will not work for this new site.
Journeymen: Click on the Training Schedule box to have the Training Schedule emailed to you whenever it is updated!
Please allow 24-48 hours to have your log in approved. Click on Member Resources > Log In > New User Registration.
APPRENTICE PROGRESS REPORTS
Go to Trade School to enter and print your monthly progress reports:
Open for Applications!
- To be considered for an apprenticeship you will need to turn in an application with all required documentation that proves you are qualified, the minimum qualifications are listed below.
- Applications are accepted year round. To obtain an application, submit an Application Request Form with the $30 application fee. There is a $30 application fee for each program you choose to apply for.
- If qualified, you will be scheduled for an aptitude test in algebra and reading comprehension.
Minimum Requirements and Documentation
- Completed application must be turned in with all the required documentation.
- Complete high school transcripts from a school accredited by a state education agency, showing graduation date, all classes, and an accumulative minimum GPA of 2.00 -or- GED certificate with a minimum score of 255/2550/600. If your GPA on complete transcripts is below 2.00 or your GED scores are below 255/2550/600, you may take the GED Ready test at ged.com and score 150 on each of the four tests. Submit the My Scores page from the with your transcripts and/or GED.
- Proof of 1 year of high school Algebra with a grade of ‘C’ or better-or- 1 term of college Algebra with a grade of ‘C’ or better -or- a placement test from a college showing placement into Intermediate Algebra -or- NJATC Tech Math course completion.
- Must be at least 18 years of age at start of work.
Earn while you learn
Electricians are part of the construction trade.
You will be hired for a full time job while you attend school part time.
You will be paid a living wage with fringe benefits while you are learning.
Fringe benefits include employer paid health care for you and your family plus several pension plans.
We have classes in Tangent and in Redmond, depending on where you live or choose to work.
Apprentices attend day school at least two terms per year.
Classes are 8 hours/day; 1 day/week for 3 months.
Books range between $600-$800 per year and yearly tuition is $200.
Central Electrical Training Center will be responsible for all job placements throughout your apprenticeship.
You must have a good attitude and be able to work in a team environment, as well as be ready to do a wide variety of work.
Helmets to Hardhats/GI Bill accepted.
Online homework assignments—must have access to the internet
Central Electrical JATC will not discriminate against apprenticeship applicants or apprentices based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), sexual orientation, genetic information, or because they are an individual with a disability or a person 40 years old or older.